The Piqua Public Library serves as a community-based organization to provide free informational, educational, and recreational materials to its patrons. The Library is also dedicated to providing an environment that fosters and promotes the philosophy of life-long learning.
The citizens of the Greater Piqua area and all Library patrons will:
•have available for their use a wide range of informational sources covering a diversity of topics, levels, and views.
•be able to choose from a wide variety of media types for their recreational and informational needs.
•be encouraged and assisted in utilizing as many and as wide a range of library materials and services as desired.
•be encouraged to use Library facilities for cultural, educational, and community events.
•be treated with respect and courtesy.
•be encouraged to think of the Library as a place to find new learning experiences and a place that encourages the joy of reading.
Troy-Miami County Public Library provides materials, information, technology, and opportunities to enrich, empower, educate, and entertain Miami County residents of all ages and backgrounds.
Troy-Miami County Public Library has enjoyed a strong library tradition since 1896. The Library promotes full and equal access to information and ideas while encouraging a love of reading. The Troy-Miami County Public Library has three locations and a bookmobile to serve Miami County. These locations include the main library at 419 W. Main Street, Troy; the Local History Library, 100 W. Main Street, Troy; and the Oakes-Beitman Memorial Library, 12 N. Main Street, Pleasant Hill. In addition to books and magazines, the library lends DVDs; books on CD; music CDs; and eBooks. Databases are available at Research Links and provide access to hundreds of magazines as well as car repair information, business data, homework resources and much more. These are available in the library or from any computer with internet access. All three locations also offer wireless access.
The Tipp City Library began in 1923 as a collection of 1,500 books on the second floor of the old City Building, staffed only by volunteers. It was originally funded by the Women's Civic Club, and then by local taxes in 1926, becoming a City library. In 1950, the land at the library's current location was donated by Mr. and Mrs. John Smith, after which neighboring properties were purchased. The library was dedicated at its present location in 1962. A children's room was added in 1982, and the building went through another renovation creating the adult fiction and teen areas in 1991 with the teen area completed in 1996. Currently, the library collection consists of over 70,000 books, 3,000 movies, and 1,600 books on CD, plus over 90 periodical titles.